Sunday, June 13, 2010

164/365 - Looking Back...



Two years ago today we began our long journey to Vietnam to finally meet our baby girl!  It's hard to describe exactly how I felt at the time, but I still remember all the feelings and how excited we were to begin our travels.  I felt relief, excitement, anxiety, nervousness, impatience, and so much more.  The waiting process was one of the most difficult times in my life, but just knowing that we were finally on our way to meet Ana Kate was amazing!  It was such a whirlwind at the time because just 1 week after getting our travel approval we were heading to the airport hoping we had remembered to bring everything we might need.  Doug's parents dropped us off at the airport around noon that Friday and we didn't expect to meet Ana Kate until Monday the 16th.  We got a call from our agency while waiting for our first flight letting us know that plans had changed.  We would be driving straight to the province when we landed in Hanoi and would have our baby girl a day early on Sunday the 15th.  Needless to say this was wonderful news and I was even more excited (if that's possible)!  We had a long layover in LA and took a few pictures while waiting for our flight to Hong Kong.

I think we were testing out Skype with family in this picture.

Anyway...today is so special for me to remember because it was the start of an amazing journey....one of the most important we've ever made.  I almost can't believe it's been 2 years.

Today was a lazy Sunday for us....which is pretty much the norm for Ana Kate and I this week, but Doug finally got a day to relax as well.  Ana Kate is feeling so much better that we decided to clean out and refill her pool so that she can swim this week.  We made a quick trip to the grocery store this afternoon and then I bathed 2 of the dogs when we got home.  Other than that, not much going on.  Ana Kate didn't take a nap today, so she fell asleep at 8:00, so I'm hopeful that she'll sleep through the night and wake up earlier tomorrow rather than sleeping in.

ImageHost.org

0 comments: