Saturday, June 12, 2010

163/365


Not much going on here today.  Doug worked over at the rental house until after lunch, then he played with Ana Kate so I could get some laundry done.  She finally went down for a nap after a bit of a struggle, but ended up sleeping almost 3 hours again. 

We had church tonight and it was Ana Kate's first time in her new classroom.  She was really excited!  We decided to continue teaching the toddler class when Ana Kate moved up to the next classroom so she can be more independent from us.  It will be strange not having her in our class, but I think it will be really good for her to be around kids her own age or older.  We thought she would still be one of the older kids when she moved up since she has a late August birthday, but it appears she is skipping that class and will be one of the younger kids in her new class.  I am happy with that because she's such a smart girl and I would rather her be challenged than bored.  It turns out she had an amazing time in her new class.  When we picked her up she was worn out and sweaty (they had been playing outside).  It's fun to see her transition from the baby/toddler class to the big kid class, but also just a tiny bit sad.  Where did my baby go??

When we got home Ana Kate enjoyed some cookies on the porch while I took pictures.  These photos are basically unedited (other than sharpening and re-sizing for the web).  I love the funny face she gave me at the end.  : )


ImageHost.org

0 comments: