Wednesday, May 26, 2010

146/365

This morning I had to take Whitney in for more surgery on her mouth.  She developed an infection where one of her wisdom teeth were removed.  It was so bad that they had to cut it back open clean it out and insert a drain.  Surgery went well and they actually took the drain out before we left the office.  She seems to be doing well and isn't in too much pain. 

On another note....Ana Kate was absolutely wild in the waiting room, so she had to sit in time out when we got home.  That gave me a chance to get Whitney settled.  After time out I put Ana Kate in bed for her nap.  The nap did wonders for her, because she was such a good girl when we went to the store later.  I'm really not sure if her behavior issues lately are just the terrible 2's or if I haven't been consistant enough with warnings and time outs.  I am really going to work on that this week.  I do know that Ana Kate responds well to time out, but I find it hard to enforce it if we aren't home.  I guess I will start taking a time out spot with us wherever we go until we can sort out the misbehavior in public.  I know I can't expect her to act like an adult, but just listening to me and doing what I say would be a huge improvement.  We'll see how it goes....she is stubborn.  : )

We stayed close to home for the rest of the day to keep an eye on Whitney.  I plan to go through Ana Kate's toys tonight and get rid of some of them....they are taking over the house!

I took photos outside on our usual spot...I love the first one.



ImageHost.org

0 comments: