Thursday, May 13, 2010

133/365


Today we we had lots of rain and cloudy skies.  We also had a few thunderstorms throughout the day, so we didn't go anywhere.  My Mom came over after lunch and played with Ana Kate until nap time. 

One of the baby birds (from the nest by our window) somehow fell out of the nest.  We were up in the loft watching the birds and they are already so much bigger, but I could only see 2 of them.  So while my Mom watched Ana Kate I went outside to see if I could find it.  It was sitting in the grass by our fence and clearly couldn't fly, but the Mama bird was watching out for it, so hopefully she is still feeding it and it will learn to fly soon.  I went out again this afternoon (when the sun finally came out) and found it in the grass.  I watched it while the dogs were outside to make sure they didn't get it.  I also got a picture of it....I hope the little guy makes it!

I took pictures after dinner and now Ana Kate and I are watching The Little Mermaid.

This is the view of the nest from the loft....you can't really see the birds well in this picture.
The baby bird that fell out of the nest.
ImageHost.org

0 comments: