Friday, September 3, 2010

246/365


This morning we were up early and out of the house early for the first MOPS meeting of the year.  Mimi came with us to volunteer with watching the kids and Ana Kate was super excited about that.  When we got to her classroom she saw her teacher from MDO next door (she was working in the baby room for MOPS) and Ana Kate had to run in and give her hugs.  She wanted to stay with her, but we finally convinced her that she wouldn't have much fun in the baby room.  It made me feel good to know that she already loves her teacher that much....so I think it will be a great year at school.  The MOPS meeting was so much fun and such a great meeting to kick off the year.  I am a table leader this year and I loved getting to know everyone at my table.

After MOPS we stopped by Target to browse and I actually found a couple of cute things for Ana Kate.  I am looking for fall shoes for her and having a terrible time.  She has the longest, narrowest feet I've ever seen.  It is so hard to figure out what size to get.  Right now she wears mostly size 7, but her tennis shoes are an 8 and they fit perfect.  I tried size 8 shoes on her today and then fit with only a tiny bit of growing room for her big toe.  So I tried a 9 and there is more toe room, but they just fall off her feet because they are too wide.  I have a feeling I am always going to struggle with this unless I just give in and buy narrow width shoes.  Not too easy to find in toddler sizes.  So the shoe shopping today was frustrating.

After shopping we headed home and I put Ana Kate down for her nap.  She went right to sleep around 12:30 and then I woke her up at 2.  I think she is finally on schedule to wake early (7am) take a short nap and then go to bed early (8pm).  And....she is sleeping in her toddler bed....all night!  That might not seem like a big deal, but it's HUGE for Ana Kate.  She has never been a great sleeper and has almost always ended up in our bed before morning.  Granted her toddler bed is in our room right next to my side of the bed, but it's progress!  I wasn't sure we'd ever get here.  I'm loving it!

When Doug got home we went out to dinner and then did some grocery shopping at Walmart and Sams.  Ana Kate was a good girl while we were out, but very tired by the time we got home.  She didn't make it bed until 9, so maybe she'll sleep in a little tomorrow.

ImageHost.org

0 comments: