Wednesday, July 14, 2010

195/365


I had a pretty busy day today, but didn't feel like I got too much accomplished.  We have issues with some of our Internet connections in the house, so our computer has been sitting on the floor rather than in the desk so we could reach a different connection point.  So....I decided to move it all back and see if it worked.  It did...for about 5 minutes.  So I had to move it back....then it didn't work there either.  So, I moved it to a completely new spot.  I'm thinking it's more the wireless router than anything else...because I can't get that to work at all today.  It's just SO frustrating....we've got to figure it out because it's driving me nuts!!

Anyway...while I did all that Ana Kate played and entertained herself.  She is getting better at independant play the older she gets and that is SO helpful to me.  She will now sit quietly (well quietly for her...) and color for 30 minutes to an hour.  She has also learned to love computer games...I'm not too thrilled about it, but they are just learning games from pbs kids.  She can manipulate the computer very well for a 2 year old.  I do limit the amount of time she's on there...so I guess it's not too bad.

We had VBS again tonight...and she is still loving it!  It is so nice to be able to drop her off with no tears or drama.  I saw several kids that were upset to be left and was so thankful that we are past that stage with Ana Kate.  When we picked her up she was playing dress-up with the other girls...that is one of her new favorite activities.  Doug and I ran some errands while she was there and it was so weird for me being in the car and stores without Ana Kate....it's just not something I ever do.  I have been considering putting her in a mother's day out program this fall, but I'm not sure I'd know what to do with myself.  Isn't it weird how us Mom's want to have a little time to ourselves, and then when we get it all we can think about it our kids?

Ana Kate did have a nap today, which is good, but she's still up now and I'm not sure when she'll wind down.  I took pictures right before VBS....she was so intent playing her computer games, so I had to get a picture of that.  Then I coaxed her outside for a couple more.



ImageHost.org

0 comments: