Friday, December 31, 2010

365/365


You have no idea how happy I was when typing the title to this blog post.  Although I am dreading coming up with post titles for next year.  : )  But, most importantly.....I made it.....I posted a picture of Ana Kate every single day of the year for 2010!!  Yay!  I am so happy to bring this project to a conclusion.  I know I won't be doing it again next year, but will still post often as I've gotten in the habit.  I'm just glad I won't feel like I 'have to' post every day.  I'm not really sure that it improved my photography, but it does make me feel better about setting a goal and accomplishing it and keeping something going all year. 

I don't typically make many New Year resolutions, but I do have a few things I would like to work on in the new year.

  1. Exercise more (hoping to maintain at LEAST 3 times per week....but love to get in the habit of 5 days per week)
  2. Eating healthier (mainly cutting out meats, cheeses, and processed/packaged foods).
  3. Reading my Bible in a year.....I set that goal last year and made it to April, then stopped.  I am going to try again and hopefully make it this time!  I am also hoping to sign up for a Bible study every spring and fall.
  4. Take the time to appreciate all my blessings and try not to worry about all the things I can't control.
There are lots of other things I want to work on, but those are the things that come to mind.

I also wanted to mention that a very close friend of mine (who is only 37) had a sudden cardiac arrest a few days before Christmas.  She has 2 girls under the age of 3 and was in a post office (with her girls)when it happened.  Thankfully a bystander performed CPR, the paramedics arrived within 3 minutes and were able to shock her back to life.  They are not sure what caused it and cannot find a 'reason', but installed a pacemaker just 'in case' it were to happen again.  I spoke with her yesterday and she is doing fine....she's recovering well and will be back to 100% soon.  I am SO thankful that she is ok!  What a Christmas blessing!  I am hoping to be able to visit Robin this year as I have yet to meet either of her girls.

We have had an amazing 2010 and are hoping to have an even better 2011.  I am praying for health, happiness, and to focus on the things that really matter.  Hope you all have a Happy New Year!
ImageHost.org

1 comments:

Shelby said...

So impressed that you actually were able to post at least a photo a day for an entire year. I've wanted to do this, but know I'd never follow through. Great job!