Friday, April 30, 2010

120/365

Day 4 of potty training did not start well....  I was so frustrated this morning because Ana Kate went to the potty when I woke her up then had 3 accidents by 10am.  I am trying to let her figure out when to go rather than telling her all the time, but I continue to ask her if she needs to go every 30 minutes to an hour.  After the third accident I turned off the tv and we talked and played.  She finally went in the potty a few times and we had lunch and she stayed dry for the rest of the day!!  YAY!!  She was even dry when she woke up from her nap (yes she actually napped today) and the first thing she said when she woke up was, "Mommy, I have to pee."  Then she asked why she had a diaper on and said that she wanted her panties back.  So, even though the day started off pretty rough she is doing really well right now and I can see some positive progress.  I'm still not sure why she had trouble this morning.  Ater naptime I did promise Ana Kate that when she finally 'gets' it and becomes accident free that we'll take her to the zoo.  She talked about it for a long time, so maybe that will be enough incentive.

We were supposed to meet some other MOPS Moms for lunch today, but I didn't sleep much last night and was not feeling great this morning.  Then when the potty issues started this morning I decided we needed to stay home.

It was stormy and rainy here today, but we snuck in some pictures on the front porch after dinner.  The skies are kind of gloomy in the pictures, so I played around with editing and did a bit more to them than usual.


ImageHost.org

2 comments:

Nicki said...

It's a wet, rainy, and warm day here to.
Pictures were irrating in this sticky weather. :p

Candace said...

I know how you feel with the potty training stuff! We are having one terrible time in our house with it too. Grace was nearly potty trained back in the early winter and then all of a sudden, she just decided that she didn't want to do it any more, so now I can hardly get her to go. She will go for Doug's mom and dad, but will not go at all for me or my parents when she is there! It is frustrating! Good luck and great pictures!! Ana is so sweet!