Thursday, February 11, 2010

42/365



We stayed at home today and were in our pajamas for most of the day.  We baked some Valentine's cookies and Ana Kate 'helped' decorate...mostly she just ate the candy decorations...but we had fun!  I even managed to find a gluten free cookie recipe so we could make a giant heart cookie for Daddy as well.  It was really good too....you couldn't tell that it was gluten free at all.  I used Alton Brown's recipe from food network, with a couple of substitutions/changes.  (I only used 4 ounces of butter and then substituted 1/2 cup of peanut butter for the other 4 ounces.  I also used a giant heart cookie pan and filled it up with about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the batter and baked at 350° for 20 minutes.  I stored the remaining batter in the refrigerator and will make cookies out of it later.

Ana Kate was so cute when Doug got home today.  We could hear him in the garage before he came in, so she was waiting for him and she said...'Daddy is going to be so happy to see me.  I'm so excited!'

Photos were done quickly at dinner tonight...neither one of us was really into it.  You can see in the picture that Ana Kate's bite is looking better.  Yay!  I was supposed to take pictures of Whitney today, but she wasn't feeling well.  Hopefully I can get them done this weekend.

Our cookies...the plain one is the gluten free version. (We accidentally got a couple sprinkles on the plain one.)

ImageHost.org

0 comments: