Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Days and New Hats!!


Yesterday we woke up to snow on the ground and it was still steadily coming down.  Ana Kate was super excited about playing in the snow, but we were both a little bummed because Ana Kate's school and my bible study were both cancelled. : ( There were only a few inches of snow in all, but the roads still had sheets of solid ice on them when I ran to Hobby Lobby around 5pm.  So, today my MOPS meeting was cancelled as well.  Hopefully we'll get back on track next week, but I here the forecast is calling for more snow on Sunday.  Ana Kate did play in the snow with Doug when he got home from work.  She had lots of fun making snow angels and throwing snow balls.  She wanted to build a snowman, but the snow was too dry to hold together for that.  I'm sure she'll be back out in the snow every day until it melts.  She loves it!!  I didn't take any pictures of them out in the snow yesterday because I was busy cooking dinner.  I will try to get some snow photos today.

I have been knitting more since we've been stuck inside and found a couple of new patterns that are quicker. I finally finished Ana Kate's 2nd hat (which I started over a month ago). I love the way it turned out and I especially love the bright colors!  She loves the flower too!


Last night I made a baby hat using one of my new patterns.  I plan on using it for a photography prop and also making them for shower gifts.  It was super easy to make and I finished it in about 4 hours.  It turned out so darn cute...I just love the pom-pom 'ears'.  I can't wait to try it out on Amelia when we do her photo session.  I am also working on a baby cocoon for a photo prop and hope to get it done today or tomorrow. 

I am also working on a photography post with lots of tips and a tutorial.  Be looking for that later tonight or tomorrow.  I have tons of tips, but I'm starting with a few simple things that Mom's can do to take better photos of their kids.  Be sure to come back and check it out!
ImageHost.org

1 comments:

Amanda said...

awwww!!!! I can't wait to see that hat on Amelia!! It is sooo cute! I LOVE Ana Kate's hat as well. The flower is adorable! I love that she was wearing her fairy wings!