Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It’s Been Awhile…

but we're still here. I don't even know quite where to begin. I almost can't believe I haven't posted in over a year.....a year! Yikes! We've celebrated holidays, birthdays, an anniversary. I had surgery in the spring and spent most of my summer recovering. And...most recently Ana Kate started Kindergarten and shortly after turned 5! I can't believe my baby girl is in Kindergarten....where did the past 4 years go?
So, first of all: Why has it been a year? Originally I think I was just burned out after doing the 365 project. I loved it and kind of hated it all at the same time. I love that I have every day of 2010 documented, and I love having the photos, but at the same time it completely burned me out on blogging and photography for a while. I haven't taken very many photos in the past couple of years. I also burned Ana Kate out. She started running from me every time I grabbed the camera. We are finally getting back to normal (as normal as it gets around here) and she likes having her picture made again, and I miss photography and blogging. I also really miss having our lives documented, so that we have it to look back on. So, here we go. Let's see if I can keep it up. : )
Just to update on what's been going on around here. I had a surgery in the spring (hysterectomy) to help with some issues that I'd been having and I also found out I have hypothyroidism the week I had surgery. So between some surgery complications and adjusting my thyroid meds I had a crazy summer. It was basically filled with doctor's appointments and trying to take it easy at home. I was finally feeling back to 'normal' by the end of July and I actually feel pretty good now which is amazing!
Towards the end of the summer I joined a summer bible study and some of ladies were asking me if Ana Kate was going to Kindergarten in the fall. I told them I wasn't really sure since she wasn't going to be 5 until the end of August, but I was encouraged to check into it. So, I did. Obviously she couldn't start public school because the cut-off here is August 1st. I hadn't really planned to send her to public school anyway though. I wanted to send her to private school, so we scheduled an interview and evaluation and before we knew it Ana Kate was enrolled in Kindergarten! I am so glad we did it. She loves school and has the most amazing teacher! We just had her parent teacher conferences today and she is on track and doing wonderful! I feel SO blessed that we found the right school for her. So, I'm sure I could say more, but I'll just add some pictures to complete the update. Oh....did I mention that Ana Kate got a puppy at some point in the last year? And we ended up with Whitney's puppy too. Not sure how that happened, but we now have two new dogs in the house. : )
Some pictures from last September 2011:

Family Vacation from October 2011:
DSC_4980 DSC_4995
Christmas Pictures of my girls:
DSC_5185 - 2nd edit  DSC_5217 WEBDSC_5157 webcopy
DSC_5220 WEBcopy DSC_5248WEBcopy DSC_5243WEB  DSC_5231WEB
Ana Kate enjoying the gulf coast in April and Whitney’s 21st birthday cake:
IMG_0424 IMG_0425
Ana Kate’s First Day of Kindergarten:
Happy before leaving home….
DSC_5742 webcopy2
Not so sure at school, but she ended up having a great day!
 DSC_5756 webcopy2DSC_5755 webcopy
Ana Kate and her new puppy:
DSC_6039 copy DSC_6059 copy
I have the birthday pictures somewhere, but I can’t find them.  I will add them to this post when I figure out where they are.  Hope to update more often now that I’m back on track.  I got a new portrait lends (which I took these last two pictures with).  I love it so far and I’ll hopefully do a photography post on it soon!

0 comments: