Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3 years today...


Today we are celebrating our Forever Family Day!  Three years ago we traveled to an orphanage in a small, remote province in Vietnam and held our baby girl for the first time.  I can't believe its been three years....and Ana Kate has grown so much.  I thought I'd include a video of our first meeting along with some other clips from our first 3 days in Vietnam.  Please excuse the watermark on the video (I am testing out new editing software), and it is long....but SO precious.  Ana Kate and I watched it today and it just amazes me how much she has changed and grown in the past 3 years. 

I almost forgot how little she was when we first met.  She started walking the 2nd day we had her and was such a smart girl.  She learned so quickly and hasn't slowed down yet.  She is such an amazing blessing!

We decided to go out to dinner to celebrate and we let Ana Kate choose where.  She chose 'China Food' as she calls it.  So we had a great dinner and then I took a few photos outside when we got home.  Happy Forever Family Day Ana Kate...we love you!!



ImageHost.org

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE the photos! The last one really shows how sassy she is! :) LOVE HER

Shelby said...

Yay! Congratulations on your forever family day. It's amazing how they change so much and yet they remain the same little baby to you, isn't it?